Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Running wisdom

Talked to Chris Lauer earlier about his training for the Portland marathon, and I repeated my refrain about running being an opportunity for self-exploration, and you are both researcher and subject in an experiment, with the race as the controlled climate where you are able to safely test your bounds.

But just now I read this from Runner's World... a piece of wisdom about running compared to other sports. From Sarah Palin, who I discovered is a sub 4:00 marathon runner!

Sounds like your skills were more suited to basketball?
Well, I appreciated the fact that in running I needed guts more than anything. I could do fine just being really determined. I was thankful that I didn't need a whole lot of skills to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.