Saturday, July 11, 2009

More of the USA that I would share with Morocco: Bob Dylan


A few Tarabuqueñas that I never met


Tonite I finished the first season of Mad Men, and I was struck by the Bob Dylan song at the end. Don't Think Twice, It's Alright.

And so I thought:
Morocco. Going to live there. Don't think twice, it's alright.
But then something more accurate came to mind.

Morocco, going to live there: if nothing is right, then don't think twice. You put yourself where you need to be, and the rest will sort itself out.

(Photo from Jen McDowell's FB page)
It doesn't mean it's not painful, more and more everyday. Doesn't mean I'm losing something, because I'll nearly lose everything, my entire life here. Doesn't mean it won't be hard, because I know more the second time around and I know that it's so extremely claustrophobic sometimes, extremely isolating, extremely moving and heartbreaking.

The PC Bolivia Staff

Don't think twice, it's alright. Or, if nothing is right, then don't think twice. As good as it is walking towards A, it will always mean that you're walking away from place B. There's no perfect solution, and rarely one that's better. So that's all you can do, is walk.

At least for the time being.


I'm just glad I have Serena,
somebody to talk to and that gets excited.
(It makes sense if you saw Mad Men)

Serena, about 20 years before I met her. And not a single English word in her head!

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.