Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Nice thing from a volunteer in my region she put on Facebook

First:

'RISSA ... is thinking about COSing and what that means. "All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." ~Anatole France

Later that afternoon:

You know, on second thought, I don't know if I entirely believe that. It feels like I'll be leaving behind a part of myself in order to create my new self, but my American self didn't die when I came here two years ago. Morocco has unexpectedly shaped me more than I anticipated and I'll be taking some of this way of life with me when I go. Maybe we don't have to die to one life before we can enter another. Maybe limbo will be a good thing...well, inchallah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.