Thursday, June 11, 2009

Potential very exciting news

I got this email an hour ago:

Hi Ben,

Are you set on the 2011 MDS or would the 2010 (25th Anniversary) work?  I
ask because we've had a number of people withdraw from the 2010 race and
there is a decent chance that you could clear our waiting list.

Hope all is well!

--jay b

and I wrote back saying this:

Hi Jay

I think 2010 may be doable.  What do I need to know, as far as how much is due when? I ask this because the only way I could do it would be to start fundraising between now and April.

3 months till i'm in Casablanca!   I think being there as a Peace corps volunteer would make the fundraising much smoother, considering the giant returned volunteer network that we have.  But if you can get some specifics then I'd be very happy to do it next year.

I could get the down payment between now and September before I leave, but I'd need some time beyond that to get the full amount. 

This is exciting, if it works out!
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.