Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Morocco- Bizarre Foods

I saw the whole program yesterday, I bought it for 1.99 on iTunes. This was the most tame part, by far. Olives! It reminds me of a quote from a vegetarian PCV in Bolivia on her survey after leaving:
Strangest Food eaten? Nothing. We vegetarians don't get that weird stuff like you do.




The Rest of the program is good, too, since it shows Ourzazate, where I stayed for a week. And the casbah! But it gets far more bizarre, and ends with him eating calf brain.
Of course, as a vegetarian, I ask: what's the difference between a piece of meat coming from an organ, or the muscles, or the central nervous system or bone? It's still the same animal that during its life shitted, peed, and had snot running out of its nose. Not to mention diseases, babies, and every possible kind of smelly juice that exists. The thing is, this show could not exist for vegetarians, unless you are eating the rind of a watermelon covered in peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.