Sunday, February 6, 2011

FEBRUARY tunes - Updated



These guys know how to get down! I wish I was there. Couldn't be better! I love the violin solo, and the mariachi backing vocals add a lot to what was originally an uneasy mixture of heavy metal and disco. But only 5 views so far?? Come on!



Wow. My top song I've heard in a long time, and I love when the band appears in the video. This one is well-done, all around. I like the attitude and the almost Astrud Gilberto singing style, very matter-of-fact. These all came from the latest ALT LATINO episode :

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/03/133439344/alt-latino-we-all-go-a-little-mad-sometimes
All of the songs were especially good -- though, they had a creepiness to them, for sure.



This one made me cry when I first heard it. And I heard a Placido Domingo aria that did, too.


Cumbia!





No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.