Friday, October 15, 2010

When you least think, the sun comes out

"One week in Europe, and you look like a brand-new person!"
"Funny how that happens, huh?"
:: Hartmut, the first night I got back (yesterday) ::

A couple of days in Milan, a little bit of time to check in with Serena and eat Nigerian food with her.


PLUS Four in Lausanne, Switzerland on Lake Geneve: Sunday Monday Tuesday and Wednesday, eating rostïni at Le Guyère cheese factory, an Ethiopian place and a nice day where we had a picnic in Morges.

Even more time to check in with Cristina, that I haven't seen in three years since I was at the Montreux Jazz Festival

EQUALS,

a nearly fully recharged Ben (though Cristina kept saying, ''Ay Ben, estas cansaaaado!'' but by the last day I felt like myself and Sere noticed it saying : ''This is the Ben I knew, you're alive again'')


And now Nkob, it is nice coming home, that in its own way gives me back a lot of energy. And doing the math, I have like 11 months and 30 days left in my town. Less than a year, so I need to fully be present and make them count. So this week I'll be restarting English classes, I cut the toes off my shoes that were too small so that I can start running again, and in 2 weeks I'll see my friends Wes and Z in Tinrirt so we can make the first ever Morocco map mural design.

--------------

SO have a good weekend, watch the video, check shakira.com/tour and go see her show if she comes anywhere close by-- lots of dates in Europe and EEUU ("USA")--, pick up the album and help jumpstart the movement to get her canonized (los tres milagros? el disco MtV Unplugged, el disco Sale el Sol, y los actos beneficos con su fundacion Pies Descalzos...?)



''depues de la tormenta cuando menos piensas, sale el sol''
Album's out on Tuesday!


http://www.facebook.com/shakira?v=app_6009294086&ref=ts
listen to the album here!


No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.