Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Go here, then read the message:
http://picasaweb.google.com/115072904889826487217/BenMoroccoPeaceCorpsRound2?authkey=Gv1sRgCK6Dv_3z-Jr4eQ#

This is an amazing thing, glad to have these photos so easily collected to look at !
AND STRANGE, too, since they are in chronological order. Wish I could have seen these last September when I was 95 percent ready to stay at home and forget the whole thing -- or the time, two days before swear-in, where I decided Training was good enough for me, saw Morocco and experienced its people and met new friends -- or two months later when I'd been sick for a month and wanted to go home -- then again when everything went wrong, life, romance, family, and I had to go home to help out and pick up the pieces (and of course everyone said, NO, continue to live the adventure for us, we'll make do fine on our own) -- then of course for sure I'd go home when my heart continued to break again and again with the Italian Scenario, couldn't bare to get out of bed so I better start packing up.. etc. etc..

But now I get on my blog and go to the Picasso photo gallery link, and there's 400 pictures from here, and it's my greatest hits, everything that I was able to share and write passionately about.

I'm still here, things have all worked themselves out, even if I still miss home with half of my brain and miss Italy and New York with the other half. And now the months will soon be less than 10 left, and you know, why not just stick around...? At least I have the satisfaction that in April I will have done 27 months in Peace Corps, the rest--empty Summer months--I can stick around and weigh on an individual basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.