Monday, October 11, 2010

Song of the trip, and the feel good song



This one you have to go to Youtube to see, but the others are here :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pouIFiaIig
Cry to Me, by Simon Burke

This one I heard the first time here in Lausanne :






Great Colombian artist Juanes. I had the CD when it came out but didnt hear the song until last night driving to Le Guyere factory. FEEL GOOD song, if there ever was one.



This photo-- dont know who the person is--comes from a slideshow on Huffpost about bookworms and the tattoos they get, it comes from Samuel Beckett. On this trip I thought of how I could do a thesis for my PhD charting the impact of the Theatre of the Absurd and how its excesses allowed modern writers to create both magical realism and hysterical realism (ie, WAITING FOR GODOT relates directly both to Infinite Jest and to 100 Years of Solitude). But I like it a lot. And for those that dismiss the theatre of the absurd, you have to realize that those writers had a lot of compassion for human beings. Read this and you´ll see that, too, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.