Monday, October 26, 2009

Met the woman who teaches these students

And she danced like this while the 5 language teachers, me and Sam sat around playing the oud! Mbarak played the songs, the 2 women sang, Sam and I tried
to keep up by clapping, singing nonsense syllables, and me mimicking the bass line. But then this woman came and immediately started dancing,
turns out she lives in Cadiz, is from Morocco, and they are touring here.

I showed her some clips on my computer from the Baile Tipico Boliviano, and then she showed this video on her blog here:



So this is a typical night in Peace Corps... you can't help but start singing, dancing, who-knows-what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.