Monday, October 26, 2009

Everything that I a; allowed to say about my site

Im going to live in the Sahara. WOO hooooOOOOO

So, according to Fatima, my site is 100% black people, and has very unique desert culture. Mbarek says it is on a river and the town is one of the many oases along the way, out into the desert. Volunteers are up and down from me on the river. The desert marathon in Zagora, put on by the Ahansal brothers, is very close in case I feel like doing that each New Year's Eve. The name rhymes with Corn N' the Cob. 160 kms from both Ourzazate and Zagora, both of which have airports. Ourzazate is an international airport too, for those coming to see me!

My good friends are between my town and Racheedia, where there are several Saffron people. Plus

There's a souk on Sunday, five internet cafes, two telephone companies, cell phone coverage... though Im planning to get satelite internet very soon so Ill have internet from my netbook nearly everywhere. Im kind of in a place that is equally distant from all major cities.

Ill be staying at a host family who have a one year old baby named Yassine.

I dont know, very exciting day! More to come soon, plus a map

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.