Sunday, January 30, 2011

Safe in my town


After a few worried messages asking about me, I just wanted to alert everyone that everything is fine, I feel very safe and just to remember that Egypt is very far and its a very different place than Morocco. Here people love the King and its the last country where you'd see violence like that. So, no worries, things are as calm as ever. Only in the big cities do I not feel safe, and its just like any big city.

ALL IS WELL. Thanks for your concern and for asking about me--so far so good--and no reason for it that to be any different. And, if things change, Peace Corps regularly makes us practice our evacuation drills, just to be extra secure. And since Bolivia I always have my emergency evacuation bag chained to my leg. (Just kidding) The only exciting news this week was that I left my mattress on the roof and it got rained on last night. So, voila. Keep safe all you people back home! :)

-----

Recebi algunas mensajes preguntado de mi situacion aca, y quiero decir a todos que no hay ningun riesgo aqui en mi pueblo muy chico. Estamos muy bien preparados para que estemos muy listos en la eventualidad de un problema. Egypto es muy lejos y las personas son muy diferentes. Todo muy tranquilo aqui, como todos los dias. Nada fuera del normal, el Rey es un lider muy bueno y las personas lo quieren mucho. Cuidense Ustedes tambien, no olviden tener los dientes muy bien limpios y pasan al medico una vez al anio. :)


And a very nice video, one that is toooo close to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.