Friday, June 10, 2011

Some things to be happy about

-- while reading is about the last thing i feel like doing this summer (ive read 40 books so far this year), I was glad to be on the roof at sunset reading. the best spot in all of Morocco to be during sunset, with a book of Chekov short stories and the endlessly mutating colors in the sky all around, with the palm trees in a vast expanse below me, following the river flowing down from the mountains in the distance

-- walked by my family's hanut, the guy came out, took me to a room and pointed towards a sack of flour. OK, so I grab the corners on my end and next thing you know we take it across the street to the women's cookie co-op. Thirty seconds of work, and the lady in full Berber dress is handing me a half dozen cookies to enjoy the rest of the night

--Nkob is endlessly fascinating and gorgeous

--had a nice night yesterday, pizza AND couscous. But, sadly no couscous pizza.

--an easy ride to Agdez this week to get money from the bank, it can take anywhere from 2.5 hours like today, or 5+. Even better was seeing two people I knew : one a Spanish speaker and the other a younger man wanting to know Spanish. So, more chance to share my Iberian passion with them!


--being happy for Youtube, and the endless amount of nice songs there, e.g.:



--OK, the sun is setting, time to go on the roof with my copy of ''Kite Runner'' or ''The Harlem Renaissance Reader'' and enjoy life, with the aid of a Maoufid chocolate milk box and a Coconut flavored yogurt. Even two of each, potentially, I'll have to check the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. Ben ma friend, I think I wrote a mail but you never responded... anyhoo... this is Jasmin, you met in March with Marcus and Dris of course... I wanted to share the videos and photos I took in NKob, so if you're interested lemme know!

    Greetings from Halle (Germany)

    ReplyDelete

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.