Wednesday, May 18, 2011

30 day song challenge - #1 & 2 & 3

I picked this up from Rachel Weiner, my old province-mate. So hers then mine, then hers then mine, and les explications as well.

Day 1 is "your favorite song"


Rachel: This is my favorite song right now. Calm at first, and happy in the middle - it's everything I want right now.


Ben:
This is HER favorite of hers, and it's one of the more serious and musically dynamic tunes she's written. I redid a version where it builds into a Free Bird-type shred-fest but didn't get to perform it yet (with EVH-style tapping).

Day # 2 - ''least favorite song''



Ben: not much into the Zanga Zanga Qhaddafi remixes going around -- creepy dude. But talk about a great way using humor to disarm him, literally.



Rachel: Born this way by Lady Gaga
(I never heard this til now but i like it plenty)
Day 3 is "a song that makes you happy"


Rachel: I'm posting this an hour early because I know I won't have great access to Facebook tomorrow. I love this song in Portuguese. Check out a snippet of the lyrics: "We are free to celebrate, we are free to release. Like children playing, children laughing, children being children..." How can that NOT make you happy?

My pick (there was a tie, and an honorable mention) : Heard this first in Riomaggiore
Then, this next is tied with the other one, or maybe a little bit ahead. First glance and i thought it was dubbed over with the real music because the sugar hill gang part sounded too much like the original...? But it starts good and only gets better.


A good one-two punch is this and then the Evolution of Dance



Not sure what the next day is supposed to be, but i'm having fun already.

---
And... why not? More ''makes-for-a-happy-Ben'' -ish songs.





'' It's time now to learn Portuguese... it's time now to learn what I know, and what I don't know...''








No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.