Sunday, December 19, 2010

Playlist for December







I played this one at my guitar lesson and brought tears to my student Fatima's eyes. I hardly ever listen to the real version, but its one that's just so light and delicate, where they get everything right. Whenever I play it, I always strum the chords too much -- better is just strum each one once and let your voice do its magic. But here at the cyber on these speakers I can really hear the walking bass line, and like that a lot.

I like what this person wrote on the YouTube wall for this clip :

Paul was the heart

John was the mind

George was the soul

Ringo the joy

And maybe George wrote very few songs for them, the ones he did are my favorite.




Change of tempo - Vintage Metallica -- four years after Lennon died?-- This is the first song I played in front of my whole grade in middle school with my two friends. One of the heaviest, most intense and straightforward melodies and riffs in rock music. One that the fans dont talk about much but that's always been included in their live show.



If you've got the answer, just leave me alone.



This one's for Mae! I maybe will see Sade this summer on her European tour, first one in 17 years. Soon as I get paid next week and have some extra dirhams to throw around!

As much as I love rock, I'm really an RandB man. Lover not a fighter. Or both?
Or maybe this last song is a good in-between of the two...? (Those in the know, I'm trying to incorporate this into LITTLE WING, when Ecko is feeding on bugs and playing his guitar for the first time)



There.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.