Monday, December 27, 2010

HONOURABLE MENTION pt 2 (Updated)



The most requested song in Morocco when people see I have a guitar. Why? It's 'igh quality but also because this song is in all of the English books. So I heard this in training, when preparing for the talent show,in Nkob and Tazarine and Taroudant and again and again.



Piano piano amore - ironic because few singers match as mutch passion and verve as this guy.



''The nights they are dreary, an' these Southern eyes are teary as I wonder how the old folks are back home...''

Ask a Moroccan person who the best American singer is and you'd be surprised to hear how many answer : Dolly Parton. This one's my favorite, with my memories of the Smokies. One Dolly Parton fan in PC, Ali (an American) discovered her counterpart in a 12 year old who told her that very same thing!

The next few came courtesy of Anthony, who spent much of Summer Camp El Jadida 2010 with me in front of his laptop, helping fill me in on the metal groups that I hadn't heard about.




And lastly, Dinosaur Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=dLIPTOUH51I

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.