Friday, June 25, 2010

Status update :

watching two matches and reading 200 pages each day, only interrupted by an hour or two runs every other day. And I don't expect that to change for the next 4 weeks


There's a thing that I potentially could do: it's called the SOS village outside of Casablanca. Starts in 6 days, though this would mean that I'd be out of my town for 5 weeks, 2 for that, 1 in Italy, 10 days at the other camp. It's a home with 100 orphans and there's a family in each house that watches over 10 kids. So it'd be a chance to do activities and bring something new into their lives.

But I'm doing fine here, happy to be still in the same place and that I can concentrate on my host family, focus on getting ready for my Italy race, reading more and more amazing, amazing books. I finished a different one for each of the past 6 days!

At night I return to my house and I'm amazed at the progress of my host aunt. She's 20, and I've taught her all the English she knows. But in one month she's gone from nothing to saying yesterday : Maybe one day Tazarine will look the photograph. (this is a joke we have, of how Tazarine can somehow become a tropical paradise, though originally the joke was that the photo on our study wall OF the tropical paradise was, 'oh, and this is a photo of Tazarine').

Pretty great! Hard to write meaningful blog posts now that my computer was stolen. I'll try to think of something ahead of time to come here and provide something more thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.