Thursday, April 1, 2010



Going to sing these two songs tomorrow now at our Spectacle.
It's a moving experience to sit on a park bench with four Moroccan youth and listening to them sing these words while I strum my guitar. That made all of camp for me!

But there's been a lot of great moments: the 3 different dance parties--and doing the Tennessee square dance with them, which they all already knew-- going to each of the Clubs with my English class, the times when you sit and talk with a young Moroccan person and they reveal a depth of personality and a height of ambition. It is the best part of Peace Corps, and I'm glad that it will only be three months before I get to do it again.

P.S. Zach says 'hi Mama. Miss you tons!' He's very busy because he gets surprise announcements like : we're not doing our thing, so find something to do for the next hour for the campers. Or when we do have something prepared, we learn that our activities are canceled in order to have time for the delegue.


No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.