Friday, November 20, 2009

Just checking in to say im O.K. and photos from lately

This is Youth Development waiting to happen
Towards Mehdia, where we stayed for a couple of weeks, some at the beginning and some at the end of training " We make our beaches smile!"

Jack talking with Andrew... sharing experience. Jack did Peace Corps in Turkey ' 65 and now again in Morocco.


Host brother Hassan in Sefrou



Going between Marrakesh and Ourzazate. I did the entire trip, Rabat to Kob in 13 hours yesterday... but its a lot more fun if you split it up in 2 days, and go to eat at the Cafe Earth vegetarian/ vegan a couple of times before resuming the trek.



Mehdia, where we lived or a couple of weeks, being processed & adapting to the culture
A cactus farm on the way to my town... start of the Sahara desert!
A picture from the back window on the bus, Marrakesh. The cities are so developed, they are amazing and great.
Pic from Marrakesh. Several of us stayed there on the way to our sites for the first time.

In Rabat now, at the Peace Corps lounge hanging out with the C.O.S. group. They will be RPCV's in 2 hours, I heard one of them say. I already am, but it will be a whilebefore I am again. I saw the medical doctor, and we spoke at length, making sure that Im healthy, that my language is working at my site (i said : some know French, some know Arabic, some know Spanish, some English... each person I see I have to speak something different to them. The problem is that the langauge everyone speaks, Tashlehight, they all know and I don't).

I dont want to take the computer up all day... the only thing to add is that I now weight 183 pounds. I used the medical scales at the medical office below the PCV lounge, so this means Ihave lost 17 pounds at least, and maybe 22. Ten weeks, one-and-a-half or two pounds a week!

But I feel about 95% healthy, the only trouble is that I bit my cheek badly and its very tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment

**VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE INDEPENDENT OF
PEACE CORPS OR THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT**
This blog is mine alone, and I am responsible for all content.